FAQ

Thank you for choosing Advanced Health Systems. We know that you have a choice, and we appreciate you making Advanced Health Systems yours! Once you are scheduled for your first appointment you may be wondering what to expect.

 

Your First Physical Therapy Visit

When you first enter our office you will be greeted by a friendly staff member who is eager to help. If you have not already completed your new patient forms at home, we will have you complete them in our office. You will be assigned to your physical therapist that will perform a detailed and thorough examination. The therapist will then explain their findings and establish rehab goals and a course of action. Depending on your medical insurance coverage, your individualized treatment plan will be implemented. After your first visit you will have a better understanding of your medical condition, how to correct or manage it, and understand your role in your therapy process. Expect to spend approximately 1.5 to 2 hours depending on the severity of your condition.

 

Subsequent Visits

The appointments following your initial appointment will generally take 1 to 1.5 hours. Always expect One-on-One time with your assigned physical therapist and to be treated with respect and dignity by our entire staff. Also, expect to have fun!

 

What conditions do you treat?

We’re known for our expertise in resolving headaches, TMJ, as well as acute/chronic neck and back pain.  However, our Physical Therapists are highly trained to treat other conditions as well. We treat knees, shoulders, ankles, hips, hands, elbows, feet, and more.

 

Is a physician referral required for physical therapy?

Yes! Although certain medical insurance companies may not require a referral for medical services, as it stands, the State of Texas DOES NOT allow for “direct access” to physical therapy.

 

Can I choose my physical therapist?

Absolutely! Your physician will often help make recommendations.  If you have a specific physical therapist you would like to request, however, it’s ok to let our Office Administrator know.

 

What should I wear?

Please wear clothing that allows for:

Comfort and unrestricted motion

Modesty

Exposing of injured and related areas

 

Does insurance cover physical therapy?

Advanced Health Systems is a preferred provider for most major insurance companies. Our goal is to keep our fees reasonable and well in line with comparable providers in the area. The levels of coverage vary, however. Prior to your first appointment, we will contact your insurance company to verify your plan’s physical therapy benefits. After verifying your coverage with your provider, we will inform you of your coverage information including any deductible, co-pay, and co-insurance with you before your appointment.

 

What is the difference between a deductible, co-payment, and co-insurance?

Your co-payment is a flat fee that you pay each time you have a health-related service. Your coinsurance is a percentage of the cost of covered health-related services after you have met your deductible. Typically, coinsurance is 20% to 30% of what your health plan approves. Your health plan will pay the remaining 70% to 80%. Your deductible is the amount you must pay each year for health-related expenses before your health plan begins paying.

 

Do you accept my insurance?

We participate with most major insurance plans. For more specifics pertaining to your medical insurance benefits, please contact our Insurance Coordinator Victoria Perez at (806) 353-6544 between the hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Listed below is our current standing with major insurance companies:

 

Participating (In-Network) Insurance Companies

Aetna

Alliance

BlueCross BlueShield

Beech Street

Coventry

Firstcare

Humana

Medicare

Multiplan

PHCS

Tricare – Humana Military

 

Non-Participating (Out of Network) Insurance Companies

Cigna

Medicade

OMNI / BSA

Texas True Choice

United Healthcare

NOTE: If do not see your particular provider listed or we are not In-Network, please contact us for special arrangements.

 

What payment methods are available?

Cash, Check, Credit Card, Debit Card, HSA Card

If you need to setup payment arrangements please contact our Insurance Coordinator Victoria Perez at (806) 353-6544.

 

How do I schedule an appointment?

It is as simple as calling our office directly at (806) 358-7474.

 

Cancellation/Late Arrival Policy

We understand unforeseen circumstances may arise. If you are unable to keep your appointment, we kindly request that you contact our office at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment so we may offer that appointment time to another patient. This will also allow us to keep your physician informed of your status.